This year’s Swiss Hitchhiking Championship 2016 will be held on Mai 07th-08th in Fribourg
- It’s a contest: Multiple two-person teams will hitchhike to a certain destination. The first team to arrive wins!
- Once everyone has arrived at the destination, celebrations and exciting stories will be shared
- Participation is free!
In order to register, fill out our registration form
In total 50 teams (=100 persons) can register.
The meeting point and start point of the championship will be Saturday, the 07th of Mail at 9 AM at the Grand Place in Fribourg
The destination is 200 – 300km away form Fribourg and will be announced shortly before the start.
The destination will be a camping ground. Definitely bring your tent and sleeping bag with you!!!
Prizes for winning teams
Prizes will be announced soon.
Participation is free. The club will cover the charges of accomodation at the start and destination. Please also take enough money to cover your basic needs; snacks are probably a good idea.
- You should register as two-person teams
- If you don’t have a partner, register alone and a partner will be assigned
- The destination will be a camping ground. You will need a sleeping bag and a tent.
- Take enough food and water with you
- For participants from outside of Fribourg, a place to sleep will be organized. Please mention in the registration form if you need a place to sleep or not.
If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to contact us!